Deep Freeze is an application that keeps the computer clean and secure. However, if you do not wish to use it and want to remove it from your computer, then here is how you can uninstall it.
- Locate the Deep Freeze program. Its icon is grey and green with a polar bear in a circle. It is typically located in the bottom right-hand portion of the screen.
- After that, you need to launch Deep Freeze. Just press the Shift key, and click twice on the Deep Freeze option. Now, wait for the login screen to appear.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the password for Deep Freeze. Hit the Login button. If you cannot remember the password, then you need to back up all the device data, erase the hard disk, and install the OS again.
- Navigate to the top left-hand corner of the screen and hit the Boot Control tab.
- Now, go to the Boot Thawed segment. It will be located at the center of the screen. Tick the square next to it. Now, when you reboot the system, Deep Freeze will get disabled.
- Just hit the Apply and Reboot button located at the lower right-hand edge of the Deep Freeze window. The system will start to reboot.
- Hit on the OK button and then click on Yes when the prompt appears.
- Be patient because this process might take a while.
- When the system reboots, it will work sluggishly for a while. Leave the system for an hour so that everything gets loaded.
- Now, simply locate the Deep Freeze installation file.
- Click twice on the file and select the Uninstall option. Follow the guidelines on the screen.
- Launch Deep Freeze by clicking twice on its icon.
- Now, click on the Login option.
- Key in the password for the Deep Freeze account. Hit the Return key.
- Navigate to the Boot Control tab located in the top left edge of the screen.
- Now, place a checkmark in the square next to Boot Thawed.
- Hit the Apply button located at the lower right corner of the screen.
- Open the Apple menu and click on the Restart tab. Select Restart now when the prompt comes.
- After an hour, launch Deep Freeze and sign in by entering the password.
- Now, go to the Uninstall tab located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the uninstall button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.